The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a collaborative and technically proficient professional who implements, monitors, and maintains the infrastructure to support continuous integration and delivery, and deployment for the engineering team. Working with project teams, this individual will coordinate release schedules and resolve issues to create efficiencies that positively impact the release and deployment of the package. The successful candidate will lead the efforts to build resilient systems and repeatable processes. This is a new position to MedAcuity and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make their mark.
- Elicit the needs of the engineering organization and propose effective solutions for our development toolchain
- Drive the implementation of our CI/CD pipeline infrastructure
- Ensure that quality relevant tools are maintained in a validated state
- Implement and support project-specific CI/CD pipelines.
- Install, configure, monitor and maintain the various tools/applications that compose our standard toolchain.
- Work with project teams to create CI/CD implementations tailored to the needs of the project/client.
- Drive automation of monitoring to gain more insight into applications and system health.
- Drive standardization across tools and development processes to create consistency in usage, setup and approach.
- Make recommendations to engineering management on tool selection.
- Support and participate in validation/qualification of tools.
- Develop automated release tools meant to allow for continuous build and release processes.
- Serve as a liaison between project teams and operational infrastructure teams, integrating the full software deployment lifecycle.
- Review statements of work and anticipate system needs in order to ensure availability and scalability of systems.
- Coordinate release of new or revised software and monitors performance.
- Abide by and ensure compliance with MedAcuity’s policies, including Information Security and Quality Management Systems
- 10+ years’ experience with DevOps concepts and techniques
- BS degree in computer science or a related field
- Proven expertise automating systems and building tools
- Confidence with continuous integration and continuous delivery/deployment
- Solid background working in highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with infrastructure automation frameworks (such as Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Hands on experience with source code management version control systems (Git)
- Exposure to various build automation tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab
- Knowledge of various scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl
- A collaborative and influential team player able to effectively work across multiple departments
- A consensus builder with strong communication (listening/verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and to the creation of quality products
- Desire to learn constantly and accept the challenge to continuously develop skills