Are you looking for a hands-on team lead position in a growing organization? This could be the role for you! At this time, MedAcuity is looking to hire a Principal Software Engineering Specialist. We are seeking a motivated individual with technical expertise in one or more programming languages, as well as prior team lead experience to help drive our software engineering projects.
Working under minimal supervision, the Principal engineer will provide expert end-to-end engineering development, as well as guide a team of software developers. With a broad background in designing and implementing complex software and software/hardware integrated systems, will be responsible for being a hands-on developer as well as participate in essential technical, design and product discussions with leaders and associates – internal and client facing – and, represent the company with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Complete expert engineering tasks for impactful and high-visibility client initiatives and projects
- Provide expert level proficiency at more than one programming language (C/C++/Java/C#/Python/etc)
- Lead and mentor a team, that may change each project, of talented Software Engineers; to promote a collaborative environment and pragmatic engineering decision-making
- Leverage technical expertise to constantly improve the team and the organization
- Confidently and professionally offer feedback to technical resources
- Build and develop discipline-specific capabilities across teams you lead, equipping individuals with the skills, tools, and standard approaches to improve the overall quality of engineering practices and skill sets
- Build collaborative relationships with key leaders and peers, internally and externally, across the organization.
- Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities
- Abides by and ensures compliance with MedAcuity’s policies, including Information Security and Quality Management Systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent work experience
- Proven experience mentoring and managing a team of software development professionals
- Experience using multiple COTS and Open Source libraries in multiple languages
- Experience architecting multi-component software centric systems in one or more areas: Cloud, Embedded, and/or Desktop
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical material to a variety of audiences at multiple technical levels.
- Demonstrated ability to document complicated designs and architectures in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience working with/under one or more process standards (ISO9000, ISO27001, ISO62304, CMMI, DO-178, etc)
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle