We seek a passionate software engineer, interested in playing a key role to work in the cutting edge MedTech space. As an employee of MedAcuity, you will support our team and client partners to apply strong C and C++ embedded software skills. Given the nature of our business – consulting – we offer incredible room to grow skills and continuously learn and challenge oneself. We are most excited about candidates who bring a breadth of programming experience to the table, or those who enjoy flexing in different languages when needed.
The ideal candidate will be hands on and utilize their embedded software expertise. In this role, you will design and develop features in C and C++ for embedded platforms. Our work is collaborative, team is focused and driven to meet deadlines. If continuous learning is your thing, being able to work on a variety of projects, and making an impact excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
- 5+ years’ Software Development with experience coding in multiple programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Python
- At least 1 year of hands on experience developing on embedded operating systems – Linux, VxWorks, QNX, Integrity, other RTOS
- Demonstrated understanding of developing software in resource and memory constrained environments
- Experience developing software in a Linux / Windows environment
- Capable of designing solutions, defining specs, creating documentation, assessing project timelines, and reviewing code
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Experience with, or interest in, working in a services or consulting environment, helpful
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as medical device, DOD, Aerospace, ideal